Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Markdown to PDF with Pandoc on Ubuntu 20.04

I've been ok on the LTS ubuntu for my daily driver for quite a while. But today I'm frustrated yet again I cannot export a wiki page from github to PDF. Maybe it's fine on newer versions. Todays issue of the day was:

 Error producing PDF.
! LaTeX Error: File `pdftexcmds.sty' not found.


Fixing it depends on how you installed latex. I installed texlive-base and a couple other packages. You'll find many refrences through your search engine of using the tlmgr utility to install the missing packaged. You shouldn't do that though unless you used that for your tex installation, which I didn't; I used apt. So I must figure out what apt package has that file. To fix this particular one I just needed:

 sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-recommended

Ok so one down. How many more to go?

 Error producing PDF.
! LaTeX Error: File `letltxmacro.sty' not found.

 

 ...

 [sounds of googling]

...


 sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra


Success. 2 deep isn't too bad. Hope this helps. Good luck!

No comments: